Wednesday, May 4, 2011

wedding wednesday,olay!

I'm happy to report that, we are going to be getting the location that we want for our wedding aaaand I have been working my ass off to to find a reception hall OR somewhere, anywhere we could do that at. I haven't decided if I,personally, want an outdoor or indoor reception yet but I've made a list of pros and cons and I'll be presenting it like I did with the Vinny vs Indy blog.


INDOOR—PRO’S:
+Weather isn’t a factor.
+More venue options= better budget options
+Terrible lighting for photos
INDOOR---CON’S:
-expensive venues
- more to decorate
OUTDOOR-PRO’S:
+ less $ spent on flowers and decorations, nature can do most of the decorating
+party tent! Harry Potter style, oh yeah.
+WONDERFUL lighting for photos, natural light rules!

OUTDOOR---CON’S:
- weather.
-less venue options

Out of all the wedding receptions I've been to, they've all been indoors. I dont think I've ever been to an outdoor one, even though I'm really leaning towards outdoor.  If anyone has suggestions or more pros or cons to one or both sides, please let me know. Google hasn't been very good for helping me find pros and cons for either of them, surprisingly enough.

Peace&Love,
E

2 comments:

  1. Our ceremony was outdoors. And our reception was kinda both indoor and outdoor... we had the food set up as kinda of a buffet style, cake and presents and everything inside.... and the place we were at had a great big deck that led out to a little yard where people could go inside and outside as they pleased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess whichever you pick would depend upon how much of a gambler you are.....and if you would be willing to make a backup plan in the event that mother nature wrecks your outdoor plans. (but I'm just a big time "planner" and like to try to be prepared if possible) I guess if it was a downpour, you could always cram everyone into Dairy Queen for an ice cream reception! :P
    JK, of course!

    ReplyDelete