Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wedding Wednesday,OLAY!

I know that doing themed blogs for the days of the week is a cheesey idea buuut I've decided that I am going to be doing one every Wednesday called "Wedding Wednesday". Wedding Wednes. will be the one day that I talk about the planning of my wedding and the one day when I ask for input from anyone and everyone. The only thing I ask in return is that we keep it friendly. Feel free to give critisism but make it constructive not destructive. Without further ado, Wedding Wednesday!

Wedding dresses! My, oh, my.  The single most expensive dress a girl will ever buy, or most girls will ever buy.Whenever my FPIC (future partner in crime) and I discuss wedding dresses, it never fails that he'll end up saying "but you're only wearing it once, why is it so expensive?!?" or my personal favorite "that dress better be giving you a happy ending for what we're paying for it!" And I really think he's right, why is a wedding dress so expensive? Seriously!? A little bit of fabric,lace and beads ,then you charge out the ass for the end product!?! Ugh, think again! I'm so glad that I found an awesome website that has wedding dresses for what seems like super discount compared to every bridal store I've been into! The best part, the dresses aren't even ugly or anything, I'd totally wear like half of them. For all you other brides out there reading this,the website is http://www.micweddingdresses.com/ ! I have a few dresses that I've found on there that I need some imput on. What do YOU think of this dress? How do YOU think this dress would look on me?! The second question is a little bit more loaded ,but you can skip it if you really want to. Here are the dresses!
Option number 1: Short/Strapless
Front / only view of dress
I really like sleeveless dresses but I feel like I have man shoulders which makes me think that this one might be out.

Option number 2:  Sweetheart
Side/Front                                                                      Back
                                       
I really like this one but I'm really  not sure about the length of it. I'm only 5'1 and a really long dress would be kind of obnoxious, in my opinion.

Option number 3: Empire waist with straps
I like this one the best so far, but, the train looks REALLY long.

Lastly,

Option number 4: Empire waist withoutstraps
Front                                                                   Back
                                              

Second best winner right here.



Well that concludes Wedding Wednesday! Happy trails tooo youuu! Dont forget to vote/discuss which dress is the best! 
               

Peace& Love,
E


3 comments:

  1. I love #1, seems like "you". But I also like #3. In my opinion the dress kindof sets the "style" of wedding you are going for. So, if you want a fun/funky wedding, go with #1; a classic/church/big/formal wedding, go with #2; a semi-formal/classy/jane-austen wedding #3; a glitzy/semi-formal/outdoors/beachy wedding #4. At least, that is what impression they give me first off. The impression they give can change based on the decorations around them, but that is my flash-opinion of them. :) Hope this helps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetheart necklines are awkward on people our heights. Empire waistlines are flattering sometimes. They can conceal tummies or make you appear to be preggers. Most maternity wedding gowns are empire waists. Not saying that you look pregnant, just an observation about the cut in general. Tea-length or cocktail dresses are cute and fun. Since you're only 5'1" you'll want to make sure that the dress gets tailored to the perfect length so you aren't cut off. I, personally, think that the first dress is more you. It screams "I'm fun and at some point I'll be spinning around so my skirt flies up a little" which is awesome. Also, I have shoulders like a football player and can attest to the fact that a dress with tiny straps makes you look even wider and it is not flattering. I think the short dress is the best out of these four. Good luck planning things and picking out a dress!! If you need anymore advice about dresses, I've been told that I should work in a bridal shop. I helped Kati find hers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the late comment on your blog--I think of the pics you posted, #3 would be nicest. Having said that, sometimes, a dress looks different on a model or on a hanger. Try a bunch on in person first to get a good idea of what looks best on your body since we're all shaped differently. Also-don't just look at bridal shops-look at places that sell prom dresses, JCP, Kohls, and other mall stores, and anywhere else. I got mine at a random mall store-just happened upon it one day and would never have thought to look there--it was $99.00. True, I never wore mine again-so I'm glad that I didn't spend several hundreds on it. I'm saving it for G with the mindset that it may not be in style then or she may not like it or look good in it. When you find the right one, you'll just "know". :P

    ReplyDelete