Sunday, June 5, 2011

First dance music choices.

Lately, I've really been thinking about the music for our first dance. I've made a list of all the songs that I've found online in my research and that I just like in general. Each song is linked to youtube, click on all of them, two of them or one of them to hear them. I'd really like your input on the songs that you like and don't like. Please bear in mind that some of the songs that are on this list are more than a little unconventional. :)

Cat power-Sea of Love
Death cab- I'll follow you into the dark
Incubus- I Miss You
Nirvana- Lake of Fire
weezer-island in the sun
Weezer-I want you to
Van Morrison- Brown Eyed Girl
Billy Joel- Just the Way You Are
Billy Louis Polisar- All I Want Is You
Velvet Underground- I'm Sticking With You
Moldy Peaches- Anyone Else but You
John Lennon- Imagine
Metallica-Nothing Else Matters
Beatles- All You Need is Love
White Stripes- We're Going to be Friends
Louis Armstrong- What a Wonderful World
Eric Clapton- Wonderful Tonight

Peace &  Love,
E

4 comments:

  1. I can post my opinion, but, it's not my wedding. The song has to have strong meaning for you two--not just a song you like.

    I favor the Velvet Underground one or the Deathcab one for you-in that order. :)

    (Something a little more unconventional/untraditional/unique seems like more of your style--and always always remember that this is YOUR day, not mine or anyone else's so do what you two are happy with! :) )

    (One thing I especially remember during our first dance was whispering in Mike's ear, "When is this song going to END?!" It felt like it dragged on-and that's because it felt like we were under a microscope and the world was staring at us and our every move or blunder-so I was a little uncomfortable. The song we picked was Unchained Melody.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAT POWER, MOLDY PEACHES, OR WHITE STRIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :D k? k!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kim, make sure it is something fast, not just meaningful to you!
    Definitely talk it over with Ryan.

    Chops stopped before the song was done...not to mention we weren't really "dancing" to it. Just because it was our song, doesn't mean it should have been the one we danced to. I think we should have reconsidered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Van Morrison- Brown Eyed Girl

    I like the idea of the first dance being less sappy and more fun. You can't not smile at this song.

    ReplyDelete